Beginner's Guide to Shorebirds
Shorebirds made easy! This pocket-sized Stokes guide makes shorebird identification easy for beginning to advanced birders.
Unique color tab key divides shorebirds by size and bill length and makes it simple to look up a bird. Brilliant full-color photos of species include winter and summer plumages. Many species shown in flight. Innovative range maps based on brand new data show migration routes, timing of migration, winter and summer ranges for each species of shorebird.
Contains great tips on where to look for shorebirds, information on molts, plumage variation, shorebird conservation and much more. Inside back cover shows silhouettes of all shorebird arranged by size. Covers all regularly seen North American shorebirds (54 species).
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper