Peterson Books Kaufman Field Guide to Butterflies of North America
• Durable, flexible cover and color-coordinated index
• Excellent identification resource for experienced and novice lepidopterists
• Kaufman provides butterfly watchers with more than 2,200 digitally edited photographs and an easy-to-use species index-a format that defines the Kaufman Focus Guides
• The photographs have been gleaned from scores of skilled nature photographers
• Co-author Brock brings more than 30 years of butterfly watching around the world to the informative, non-technical writing in the book
• Readable capsule narratives are enhanced by the startling clear color images, which make identification of species much easier
• The guide offers images of larval (caterpillar) stage butterflies along with details on feeding preferences of butterflies in their different stages of development
• Migratory information on these delicate and beautiful creatures
• Ranges geographically from the lower 48 states through Canada and Alaska, with maps provided for all butterflies depicted
• This book will appeal to bird watchers, hikers, gardeners and outdoor enthusiasts
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper