Kershaw Knives Fire Starter, Plastic Handle, Magnesium Steel
No camping or emergency set is complete without a fire starter. Fire is essential to our lives -- without it, we'd have no chance out in the wild. Make your life easier with this fire starter from Kershaw Knives. It's light and easy to pack, with a weight of 1.1 ounces and an overall length of 3.13". The shaft is made from magnesium steel, which is attached to a red molded plastic handle. You can secure it to a bag strap or belt loop with the included short lanyard rope. When you're ready to start your fire, just use the included striker and you'll be in business in two shakes of a lamb's tail! All you really need to worry about is finding dinnerâ¦
Already tried this out and it works perfectly.
Great tool.Works every time; unless your kindling is wet. In which case it is nobody's fault but your own. I even light my BBQ with it to impress City Folk.
It is a must for camping or to keep in case of emergency's. It"s a must have.
For what it is, a small survival axe, I rate it very, very highly indeed. Despite it's deceptive size, it packs quite the punch. It has enough heft, sharpness, and cutting edge more in fact than I expected. It does the job intended well above my expectations.
The one's I got were in my opinion overpriced - only keeping me from giving it five stars. But I bundled with a knife for free shipping, that said - they work well, after quite a few uses the handles are still on them (I'm amazed at that feat) they throw a shower of long burning sparks, wish they were larger both in diameter and length, but when it's all said they are an excellent compromise. Handy size for pocket or a tag along for knife sheath.
It is pretty much like I expected & will have a permanent place in my camping gear.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper