Heartwood Songbird Suite Birdhouse, Old World Finish
• Top comes off for easy cleaning
• Excellent drainage and ventilation
• Mounting bracket and screws are included
• Solid-cypress house with solid copper roof and a spectacular finial
• Comes with rubber feet for use indoors
• Distinctive trim and mahogany shutters
• These birdhouses are handmade and each one is unique, no two are exactly the same in color
• Dimensions: 10" x 10" x 21"
• Hole size: 1-1/2"
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
The roots of Heartwood extend back to 1992 when Lynda and Jerry Glass began a small Saturday craft show business attending local "festival days" across Mississippi. Their unique products were overwhelmingly received. After a few years, nature products were added, and because of demand, became the only items made. Full attention was then given to these products and they enjoyed much local success. A local merchant picked up the line from Heartwood and suggested its products could be marketed nationally. Wonderful friends provided further encouragement, and in 1998 Heartwood took its products to "market" in Atlanta.
The friends were correct; merchants nationwide purchased these unique products for stores, catalogs, and Internet sales. Thanks to this response, Heartwood-Architecture for the Birds was a reality.
Starting our fifth year and having hundreds of satisfied customers, Heartwood continues to provide innovation and value to the nature products industry.
Come along on the "factory tour" and let us show you what makes our made-in-the-U.S.A. products so special and unique.
Function and architectural detail are not a byproduct of Heartwood's manufacturing process; instead they are the focus of an intense and purposeful design plan. Jerry is primarily responsible for design form and details. The design must be creative and fresh to capture the imagination. "Cute" sells, but quality of design and material make it last. Though our products are not guaranteed for a lifetime, we design and build with that goal in mind. Many of our design features and innovations were developed in-house and are not available anywhere else in the world.
Quality derives from functional design, quality material, and experienced craftsmanship. The majority of our products are made from cypress, the most naturally rot-resistant wood that grows in our country. We use only the top furniture grades in our production. Our heavy, deep swamp cypress is a by-product of material bound for furniture factories worldwide. Large manufacturing operations require boards that are 8 to 16 feet in length. We purchase the shorter lumber that heretofore has been chipped and burned for heating purposes. No trees have to be cut to provide Heartwood a bountiful supply of quality raw materials!
All of our paints are industrial grade, non-toxic, acrylic latex applied with experience and care. Treat them with the same care and maintenance methods as your home. We cut no corners on the final finish.
Our 100% cypress shingle roofs are outstanding in aesthetics and longevity. We have designed special machinery that cuts a tapered, dog-eared, straited, and stone washed shingle that is unique to Heartwood. No one worldwide makes this shingle. (We do not sell our shingles to others.) This is a distinctive and crowning touch to our products. Only Heartwood products have this world-class shingle!
In addition to the world-class shingles used on many of our products, we make use of 16-ounce copper sheeting for many houses. Again, the design, detail, and execution used give our products a custom look and lifelong durability. These are not "machined," but refined roofs produced with many years of experience in metal fabrication. Compare our metal to any in the world. It is truly outstanding.
From design through fabrication and finish, Heartwood products intend to be leading-edge technology with "old world" experience. We build to last, to satisfy, and we want you 100% pleased with our product.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper