Schrodt Mason Bee Lodge
For a beautiful and robust garden, Mason bees are an essential ally. These peaceful pollinators are highly sought after for their propensity to improve pollination for early spring flowers. Mason bees need existing holes to nest in, since this type of bee does not have a queen to protect. The Mason Bee Lodge from Schrodt brings these helpful bees to gardens by providing the holes for bees to nest in.
Thanks to this bee lodge, you can watch your gardens and orchards flourish!
My biggest concern with this product is that that holes are not nearly deep enough for optimal mason bee nesting. According to my research a six inch hole is required to attain the proper ratio of male to female bees that emerge in the spring. Other than that the construction is sound and the wood quality is decent.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper