Birds Choice API Heated Birdbath with Pedestal
• Comes with hardware which will mount the bath to almost any pedestal (Stone or plastic) up to 12" in diameter, or any deck railing up to 12" wide
• The bath has been tested at temperatures down to -20F
• Thermostatically controlled heater
• Heating element is completely hidden beneath bird bath surface
• 150 Watts of power
• Use year round, remove cord when not used
We received this bird bath as a gift three years ago and it's been going strong ever since. Some features we like: 1. Following the instructions was easy and when filled with sand, has great stability! 2. Easy to clean with a brush. 3. Doesn't over-heat and kill the heating element when it runs dry and we don't notice. 4. Squirrels and birds love it alike! This bath is used daily. 5. In -16F weather (-9C), water is not freezing and animals love it. Some features are poor: 1. Attachment of the bath to the base is loose and cannot be tightened more. This does not cause problems, however, it's a weak point in the design. 2. The plastic surface of the bath can be slippery for birds. They prefer our concrete baths over this bath during warm weather. 3. Would like this to look more like concrete and less like plastic to blend in with our yard. Overall -- this birdbath has performed well and lasted several years. We give this an excellent rating and recommend this for someone looking for a birdbath + heater combo that can be used year-round.
Love my heated bird bath, the birds much more, been pretty cold, the heater keeps the water at certain temp, also seen couple birds taking a bath in the water, was a great investment for the birds, other one I had keep freezing. Would recommend to others. Was no problem setting it up- simple and easy
Looks very nice and set up easily. Haven't seen any birds using it yet. Maybe when it gets colder and they can't find water.
We like our bird bath very much. With minus 20 Celsius cold here and tons of snow it is still working great. It also looks very nice in our yard. Thank you!
I am giving this item 4 stars because when I bought it I did not know I was going to need an expensive extension cord before it could be used. However, overall it is a good heated birdbath, and is working well here in New York in January. It does not make the water warm/hot it just keeps it from freezing. The water is cold to the touch. The birdbath is light and can tip over easily unless it is weighted down inside which is not a problem. I used a few rocks as I did not have any sand. My birds have not used it as yet because I have a Red-tailed Hawk around my yard which is keeping the birds away. I am sure when the danger passes the birdbath will be used. I would recommend this item to anyone who want to take care of our feathered friend during the winter months.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Birds Choice designs and manufacturers the finest, highest quality professional outdoor products to enhance your yard and bring birds home. All of our products are based on thorough research in backyards of bird experts. The National Wildlife Federation requires 4 things in a yard to have it named as "Certified Wildlife Habitat." They are food, water, cover and places to raise young. Products from Birds Choice can help you fill those needs. Our bird feeders carry 9 different patents that are used to ensure the best bird-friendly and consumer-attractive innovative products available on the market today. We promote healthy birds by making our feeders easy to clean. Birds Choice belongs to the Wild Bird Feeding Industry's Quality Standards Program which establishes criteria for feeder construction, labeling and consumer education.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper