Songbird Cedar Post Mount Bluebird Feeder
Accepted Payment Methods:
• Dimensions: 6"W x 10"D x 7"H
• Mount on post or tree using the screws provided in the pre-drilled holes
• Designed for easy three-step training. 1.) Leave the lid open & remove the Plexiglas side. 2.) Replace the Plexiglas side after the bluebirds recognize the food. 3.) Close the lid so only bluebirds can use the feeder
Can not ship to Canada
This is a great product that was easy to install and the birds seem to like it.
Well constructed, and I'm still training the bluebirds to use it before I put the Plexiglas side back on or close the top. Many of the birds I thought were bluebirds are actually indigo buntings!
The premise is great, but I would make it a bit larger. I feel it may be a little to confining for a Bluebird, once he's inside. Also where the hinge joint is I would add an overhang of cedar to keep water from leaking down into the interior, or somehow try to redesign to keep water out.. The roof should overhang the sides & front as well (maybe 1.75"), again keeping rain from running down the side, and possibly into the hole openings. The location of holes appears good, but so far although Bluebirds have entered from the front when the plexiglass has been removed initially for them to feed, I've had no luck getting them to enter via the holes when plexiglass is installed. I haven't given up, and will continue to be patient. All in all the idea to keep grackles & Starlings from emptying feeder is great, just needs a few tweaks here & there, to be the best bluebird feeder around.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
At Songbird Essentials we specialize in unique patented products that help consumers attract the beautiful songbirds they love to their homes or office grounds. Whether it is attracting Cardinals, Goldfinches, Bluebirds, Hummingbirds, Purple Martins, Orioles or your favorite; we have proven products to help you attract the desired songbird. Our award winning line up includes:
Twirl-A-Squirrel - mechanical squirrel baffle that is the only product to win best new product of the year at both the Bird Watch America and Lawn & Garden Distributing Show
Hummer Helper Nesting Material - The first product proven to be used by hummingbirds to build their nest and recommended by the Hummingbird Society
Many of our products have been recommended, designed, and tested by Backyard Birding enthusiasts and/or Wild Bird Nature Store owners and employees. We are a family owned company located in the middle of the US in Mexico, MO and strive to have as many of our products domestically made as possible (over 95%). Besides our own dedicated staff of employees, we provide meaningful work to several outstanding sheltered workshop organizations.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper