Quality Hammock Source Taino Natural / Ecru Hammock
Columbus discovered the hammock in 1493, on the island now known as Puerto Rico. The local Taino people wove their "ah-moks" from the bark of a tree. The Spaniards called it "hamaca" and adapted it for use aboard ships. We call it a "hammock," and the idea is pure relaxation. The Taino people of Puerto Rico were the true originators of hammocks in the Western Hemisphere. Our Taino hammock is the direct descendant of the originals, updated for modern use. Made of a thicker cable cord, they are the most rugged of all our hammocks.
• Rugged without sacrificing comfort.
• Durable cotton cable cord.
• Four line hammock bed support.
• Comfortable hammock for two.
• Bed Size: L 7'6" x W 7'6", Over all 13'.
We purchased two hammocks from your company the first one purchased in spring is torn already and had to be removed.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Columbus discovered the hammock in 1493, on the island now known as Puerto Rico. The local Taino people wove their Âah-moksÂ from the bark of a tree. The Spaniards called it ÂhamacaÂ and adapted it for use aboard ships. We call it a Âhammock,Â and the idea is pure relaxation.
We at Quality Hammock Source discovered the pleasures of hammocks years ago, ironically on the very same island Columbus did some 500 years before. Since our beginning in 1979, we have raised this hand crafted item to the standards of quality and practicality expected by todayÂs consumer. Today we are one of the worldÂs largest providers of hammocks and hammock related items, and offer more styles to choose from than any other hammock company.
We travel to remote weaving villages in Mexico, Central America, Brazil, and the Caribbean, areas where hammock weaving is a family tradition passed down from generation to generation. We work only with weavers who can maintain those standards, and we provide them with only the finest materials.
Much of the final assembly and packaging is performed right here in San Diego, California, by our workshops at the ARC). The result is a hammock or hammock chair we can stand behind and you can enjoy for years to come.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper