Coleman 28 Qt. Ice Basket Cooler - Red
• Color: Red
• Capacity: 36 Cans or allows for upright storage of 2-litter bottles
• Handle: Large, comfortable handle
• Lid: Hinged lid
I have used this cooler for many years now and I think it's design and quality are excellent. It's just the right size to serve one or two persons. The lid is hinged and removable, and it's handle allows you to CARRY IT WITH ONE HAND, leaving your other hand free to open doors or carry other stuff. The handle is sturdy enough when the cooler is fully loaded. I travelled across the country in a sports car (where space is at a premium) with this cooler, where it's compact size and ease of lifting in and out of the car really showed it's benefits. Know what else is great about it? You can buy a nice sturdy plastic tray that fits inside perfectly where you can put things like sandwiches, deserts, eggs, zip-locked or packaged meats, cheeses, etc. to keep them uncrushed and dry from the melted ice and bottles below. Ingenious!! Highly recommended! I found my tray on on that site where you can bid on stuff, but you may be able to find it at other retailers. Just do searches for "Tray for 28 Quart Coleman Cooler"
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Nearly 100 years ago, a young man with an entrepreneurial spirit and a better idea began manufacturing lanterns in Wichita, Kansas. His name was W.C. Coleman. And the company he founded would change life in America. A fascinating saga, if we do say so ourselves. One filled with historical significance, amazing innovations and delightfully fun things to know.
Our current catalog is thick with recently introduced products that make spending time outside a pleasure. There are products just for kids. A technologically-advanced, proven mosquito-defense system. Coolers that keep food and drinks cold for up to five days. A complete line of grills, lights, heaters and more for your backyard. An accessory line with 100 separate items. And a backpacking stove featuring technology so remarkable and so relevant that Backpacker Magazine named it Editors' Choice in 1997.
If you have a few minutes, the story is here. Most of it, anyhow. In bits and pieces and pictures. Settle back and discover how Coleman came to be a way of life in America. And why it still is.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper