Scholastic Books Discover More Night Sky
We all star-gaze. On a cloudless night we wonder about the extraordinary myriad of bright lights in the sky. But do we really understand what we are looking at? From earliest times, people have been intrigued by the night sky. Over the centuries they have developed ever-more ingenious devices, from binoculars to powerful telescopes to spacecraft powered by the Sun's rays. With these, they have explored everything we can see, from our Moon to the most hard-to-reach areas of space. Using specially devised star charts, this book helps readers identify particular constellations, recognize the difference between a star and a planet, and understand why the entire sky appears to spin. They will discover how stars are born and die, what nebulae are, and how comets and asteroids are formed. This book is packed with the latest stunning images of our Universe and is a must-have for all young, aspiring astronomers. Hang onto your seats for this informative, stellar tour of our amazing Universe!
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper