Droll Yankees Domed Cage Bird Feeder
• Capacity: 2.5 pounds
• Extended top makes refilling easy
• Dimensions: 10" diameter x 20" tall
• Sheltering dome protects against weather
• Stainless steel wire that is long lasting and chew-proof
• Spring clamp keeps dome in place and removes for cleaning
• Coated 1.5 inch openings let songbirds in, keep pesky squirrels out
• UV stabilized polycarbonate tube that won't yellow with age
• Threaded base allows the feeder to be pole mounted
• Cage removes easily for cleaning
• Tray catches spilled seed
• Made in the USA
Wonderful feeder. I hang feeders on a 15' tall anti-bear pole and want easy to open and fill feeders. This one is very easy to fill. It does not allow anything larger than a Downy Woodpecker in. The open mesh bottom prevents buildup of debris and bird waste. Attracts huge number of Goldfinches, House Finches, Downy Woodpeckers and other smaller birds. Grackles CANNOT get food from this feeder. Sadly, English Sparrows can, but they do not overwhelm the other birds. I have been using it for many weeks now, and it is clearly the best feeder of its type I have ever used in well over 20 years of bird feeding.
This feeder is strong, well built, easy to fill and a pleasure to own.
After six weeks our Central Texas squirrels have still not compromised the Droll Yankees Domed Caged feeder but they are working on it. The outer cage is made of plastic coated steel wire. The squirrels have almost gnawed all of the plastic coating off of the wire. I believe their strategy is to wait for the uncoated steel wire to rust through during our rainy fall and winter. A heavier gage, uncoated stainless wire would have been a better choice. However, the squirrels have not attempted to gnaw through the base or cover of the feeder, instead electing to go for the more direct approach of attacking the mesh. Mounting the Droll Yankees Domed cage feeder was another challenge, it took several trips to the hardware store. Our old bird feeder had an external, "universal" clamp which would work for any reasonable range of pole size without having to figure out how to adapt to a fixed, female thread in the base of the feeder.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1969, Peter Kilham developed the A-6F tubular bird feeder, leading to a new and exciting approach in bird feeding. As an artist, engineer and inventor, he cared about using quality materials and innovative design to create a feeder that birds loved and people found easy to use. Still a best seller, the functional simplicity of the A-6 preserves its place as the standard in the industry.
At Droll Yankees, we continue to strive to maintain the high standards of design and functionality set by Peter Kilham. We're proud of our feeders and the legacy of being recognized as makers of the world's best bird feeders.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper