Conant Custom Brass Jeffersonian Rain Gauge Living Finish Brass
The Jeffersonian Rain Gauge meets at the intersection of art and science. This unique gauge from Conant Custom Brass is a functional instrument that captures rain and displays its level on a visible scale. Named after Thomas Jefferson, the device uses a float and lever system that captures up to 5 inches of rain in ⅕ inch increments. As rain fills the vial, a red ball rises and results in a steel arm climbing up the scale.
This interesting gauge is the perfect addition to any yard.
Bought this gauge for my husband for a gift and since we are in the Midwest won't put in the yard until spring, hence 4 stars and not 5. That being said, it is a beautiful gauge, almost "yard art". We love the amount of rain it measures. This is a quality product.
Easy transaction, delivered on time. Rain gauge with character.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper