Audubon Absolute II Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder (with Pole and Hanger)
• Double-sided feeding draws more birds to the yard
• Huge 2 gallon/ 12 lbs. seed capacity
• Hang or pole mount. (hanger & pole included)
• Adjustable weight settings to select the birds you want to feed
• No-waste seed saver baffle
• Easy-fill Top-Loc roof
• Durable, chew-resistant powder-coated steel body
• The included pole measures 64 total inches with the use of an included ground socket, it measures 52 inches above ground, and comes in 4, 16-inch sections
• Made in the USA
• 16.00 (D) x 13.50 (W) x 11.50 (H) inches
• 11 lbs
My feeder is more than 15-years old, now. It's been mauled twice by a bear, years apart. The metal is substantial and only the feed-shutter was damaged, so the first time I hammered it straight, the second time, just ordered a new shutter assembly and wood perch-dowel. The feeder works as well now as when brand new, surviving through wet Pacific Northwest winters without rust or corrosion. The seed capacity is great because once the chirp is out that you have this feeder, you will be searching for seed by the truck-load. Ours is busy nearly all day long, as different species gang together to feed. Adjusting for the weight of birds is easy. We also greatly enjoy watching gray squirrels and Douglas squirrels unsuccessfully attempt to defeat this feeder. For us, this feeder has exceeded all expectations, and our backyard has constant bird activity.
It simply is squirrel proof, in my opinion. We are very satisfied with this product and will shop your site again.
The birds get in, the squirrels don't. Just as advertised!
This feeder is aptly named. Squirrels try and try but cannot outwit the clever design. It may not be the most beautiful feeder around, but it will save you big money on bird seed. The mechanism can be adjusted to allow the heavier birds but not a squirrel. We bought an extra one for my mother-in-law. Highly recommended!
It is great! The squirrels can not figure how to get in it. The birds had one in our previous house and it worked very well.
It works perfectly!
The metal perch is very slick and birds are constantly slipping... does not prevent large birds from feeding (Jays etc) and single side access limits the number of birds at the feeder to 3 or so... clinging birds are reduced to pecking seeds out of the mounting holes in the sides.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper
In the following vodeo Bird Man Mel explains a few solutions to squirrel problems, including shepherds hooks, under baffles, hanging baffles, and squirrel proof bird feeders.