Perky Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone II Country Style Bird Feeder
Accepted Payment Methods:
• Large 8 quart capacity
• weathervane serves to lock the roof in place
• May be hung with the included 10" steel hanger
• Squirrel's weight forces the perch down, closing access to the feed
• Classic red barn with galvanized roof and red cardinal weathervane
• feeder has a weight-sensitive perch that keeps squirrels from feeding
• Red plastic adaptor lets you mount on any pole with a 3/4" outside diameter or 4"x4" post
• Clear plastic door and windows make the seed level visible at all times
• Galvanized metal roof peak is removable for easy cleaning and filling
• Can be pole mounted on any pole with a 1" outside diameter
• Four position, adjustable spring holds the perch
• Dimensions: 12.25"L x 11"W x 9.5"H
We love this feeder and so do the birds! We have some very clever squirrels who inhabit our yard. It took one a long time to figure it out. He kept falling off but never gave up until he managed to hang from the hanger by his back legs and then was able to pull seed out with his front paws. Today we changed the system so there is no longer a hanger on the house. We're anxious to have the squirrel come visit, not that we like them to come, to see what happens.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Founded in the 1958, Perky-Pet started as a supplier of pet and a few bird feeder products. The original location was in downtown Denver (presently known as ÂLoDoÂ) and housed a small workforce of little more than a dozen employees. As an interesting bit of trivia, Coors Field Baseball Park is now located in part, over the original building location.
Today, after almost fifty years and more than 100 employees later, Perky-Pet has developed into the leading supplier of Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. From these years of experience, Perky-Pet is regarded as the leader in many areas.
In addition, Perky-Pet is concerned with the ultimate consumer of its products: WILD BIRDS! With this aim in mind Perky-Pet prides itself on being a:
WILD BIRD CITIZEN-In 1998, hurricane Mitch smashed into the Caribbean effectively flattening all natural hummingbird food sources. Working with a Conservation Center, Perky-Pet donated and air-shipped in over 40 large capacity hummingbird feeders and instant nectar to the devastated area. This provided a food source to thousands of hummingbirds, until their natural food supply could recover.
LOOKING AHEAD-Perky-Pet is developing the latest trends in feeders and accessories. Namely, the combining of garden art with the functional aspect of bird feeding. Finishes, materials, colors and designs will continue to change and Perky-Pet will lead the way in providing these products which will embody these desired aesthetics and functionality. With such brands as ColibriÂ® and BirdScapesÂ, birding enthusiasts can look forward to a long line of exciting and innovative birding products. In addition, Perky-Pet will provide any and all resources to its customers to insure joint success at the product level.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper