Woodstock Chimes Magical Mystery Chime - Space Odyssey
Must be heard! Special acoustic effect makes "2001" sound like a million!
Our Magical Mystery Chimes feature a musical phenomenon known as Octave Doubling. Here's how it works - you remember the Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do scale from The Sound of Music? The "Do" notes that come at the start and end of this scale are the same note, an octave apart. Notes separated by an octave are considered harmonically equivalent and "ring" together in a way that adds a pleasing sound to the music. Our Magical Mystery Chimes take this theory to the extreme - each note of the wind chime is matched with its "octave double". Never before used in windchimes, this special tuning creates a heightening of the harmonics, creating a song that must be heard to be believed.
Our Space Odyssey Chime is tuned to the intervals of the first notes of the famous symphonic poem, Also sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss, more commonly known as the powerful musical opening to Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey. The chime-within-a-chime design couples notes in four octaves which exponentially increases the soundscape and quadruples the octave doubling effect!
This chime carries a lifetime tuning guarantee.
•55 in. Overall Length
•Teak finish ash wood
•12 silver aluminum tubes.
The chime has the best tones and is very enjoyable to listed to. Even the dog loves it and finds it very relaxing
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Woodstock Chimes offers a unique variety of high quality, affordable musical gifts from around the world that inspire, entertain and bring pleasure to people of all ages. We design and sell the world-famous Woodstock Chimes and distribute a line of award-winning musical instruments and toys called the Woodstock Music Collection. Established in 1979 by Garry and Diane Kvistad, WPI is a family-owned business located in New YorkÂs beautiful Hudson Valley. Garry is a professional musician who tours and records around the world. His commitment to fine tuning and great sound make Woodstock products appealing to everyone and unique to the gift industry. We are proud of every product we make and hope youÂll enjoy them as much as we do.
Founder & CEO
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper