Woodlink Green Steel Magnum Thistle Bird Feeder
• Attract a wide variety of birds
• All-steel top, bottom and screen
• Built to survive the elements of nature
• Dimensions: 11" diameter x 12.5" H
• 4 quart capacity
I bought this as a gift for my Dad. He recently told me how much he likes it. He is getting anywhere from 10 to 15 birds at a time. It is well made and well worth the money!
The finches love it! Surprisingly, the Cardinals do too!
This feeder is simply constructed of sturdy materials. With a large hanger and wide mouth, it's easy to take down and refill. Because of its substantial capacity, filling isn't required often. It replaced 3 thistle socks I previously used in the same tree. The goldfinches in my neighborhood love it.
The feeder is well constructed and looks good. The problem is that the feeding area is so large I get up to 15 small birds eating at the same time. Despite it's size the feeder empties in 5 days. The feeding area needs to be restricted so it will last longer. I have a smaller feeder with only 4 openings, it gets 2-3 birds at a time and lasts for 2-3 weeks.
I bought the large dispenser thinking it would last quite a while between loadings since I am not at the house all the time. Unfortunately the dispenser allows too many birds to eat at one time. I closed up 3/4 of the feeder to restrict the output, and that seems to help.
The problem is with the bottom portion that catches feed, but allows larger birds to sit which scares the small finches away. Need to remove the large bottom lip.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper