Bluebird House Collection
A bluebird house is most commonly made of wood and usually attached to either a fence or tree. The bluebird is one of the more skittish bird species, so it's important to place your bluebird house close to a natural bird habitat to encourage nesting. Our bluebird house collection offers a number of styles and designs, from red-cedar villas--ideal for a whole family of bluebirds-- to the more modest, yet popular, driftwood boxes. Most bluebird houses also come with drainage holes and are predator-proof.
Have questions about our bluebird house selection? Then just give our knowledgeable customer service staff a call and they'll help you pick out the bluebird house that best fits your needs.
House is up and waiting for the first bird. Have not seen one yet.
Replaced a really old, well-used, blue bird house with this new one. The previous family was hesitant at first, but eventually moved right in, in time for their new brood.
Very well made. Bluebirds moved right in.
Well built and sturdy, we had tenants the second day it was up. Also a great buy.
Just received my birdhouse. Absolutely gorgeous. Well made and American made too! Just wanted you to know how happy I am with my purchase as a first time customer. Hope the birds feel the same way. By the way this was well packed too, no damage whatsoever. thanks
Well constructed, the labelled doors reminding which one is to view was a good idea.
This past summer Violet-Green swallows used the blue/gray version. Next summer unless the color matters I'm sure the swallows will nest in the redwood version. It helped that the southeast facing portion of my house on which they are hung looks like a 28 foot tall cliff face.
Well made, easy to get into and clean.
- Birdhouse Cleaning Guide - In this guide, you'll find everything you need to know about cleaning a birdhouse or nesting box.
- How to Attract Birds With Mealworms - Using mealworms will attract different types of birds to your yard other than those who eat bird seed. Since mealworms require more work, here are some tips and suggestions for attracting birds with mealworms.
- Monitoring your bluebird nest box - Monitoring your bluebird nest box is crucial. Learn how to monitor and observe your bluebird nest through the stages of courtship, incubation and birth.
- How to attract bluebirds to your yard - Learn the keys to successfully attracting bluebirds to your yard, such as nest box placement, how to avoid pests and other ways to cultivate a welcoming environment for bluebirds.
- An introduction to bluebirds - The bluebird is popular among bird lovers because of its gorgeous plumage and melodious song.
- Bluebird nest boxes - One of the reasons the bluebird population has increased over the last decade is the commitment of many bird conservationists to build bluebird nest boxes.
- How to protect bluebirds from house sparrows - House sparrows not only occupy empty bluebird nesting boxes, but they also storm occupied boxes, killing adult bluebirds and nestlings.
- Attracting Bluebirds to Your Bluebird House - one of the most utilized nesting locations for bluebirds is the man-made bluebird boxes that mimic the natural cavities found in dead and decaying trees.
- Attracting Bluebirds to Your Bluebird Feeder - tips and tricks that you can use to attract bluebirds to your blue bird feeder
- Video - Bird Man Mel's Attracting Bluebirds - great video with instructions on how to attract bluebirds to your yard