Nature's Way Bluebird House Collection
This is the 2nd Birds Choice bluebird house I have purchased. I have had the first for 10 years. The house is very well built and durable. I do enjoy the view and clean access doors. I don't have experience with other styles, but I know that I love the ease to clean on this one. Once the babies fledge, I open the clean side and just wash it down with the water hose, wipe it out, and let it dry a couple of days before closing up again. I have had bluebirds and others use the box. I wanted the 2nd box so that I could have more activity at the same time. Attractive, well built, nicely featured box.
From my perspective, this is the best shaped bluebird house. It not draw draws bluebirds, they safely raise many families of bluebirds each season. This is the fifth one we have purchased...this time it is a gift. The bluebirds love to sit on top of it with the whole previous family sometimes. Their nest is built in the very back behind a low partition. The front portion seems to allows other bluebird family members to visit inside while mom is on the nest. Great design!
I bought a similar nestbox also by Heartwood about 10 years ago. Although the National Bluebird Society recommends a box much simpler, bluebirds seem to prefer prettier homes like this...home to dozens of fledglings. Since that box started showing its age I bought this one this winter and the bluebirds took to it immediately. On March 13 a couple started their routine signaling the beginning of a new nest. Also Backyard Chirper's customer service is excellent!
The first one I received as a gift and I liked it so much I am buying a second one to put up as I have room. I love the cedar and the viewing doors. After awhile the wood dries and the doors get looser but I just put a cork between the house and the pin. My bluebirds love the house and have raised many bro is a in the first one.
Replaced a really old, well-used, blue bird house with this new one. The previous family was hesitant at first, but eventually moved right in, in time for their new brood.
Well constructed, the labelled doors reminding which one is to view was a good idea.
This past summer Violet-Green swallows used the blue/gray version. Next summer unless the color matters I'm sure the swallows will nest in the redwood version. It helped that the southeast facing portion of my house on which they are hung looks like a 28 foot tall cliff face.
It put together pretty well, for two old people. It looks nice on the fence corner post.
- Birdhouse Cleaning Guide - In this guide, you'll find everything you need to know about cleaning a birdhouse or nesting box.
- How to Attract Birds With Mealworms - Using mealworms will attract different types of birds to your yard other than those who eat bird seed. Since mealworms require more work, here are some tips and suggestions for attracting birds with mealworms.
- Monitoring your bluebird nest box - Monitoring your bluebird nest box is crucial. Learn how to monitor and observe your bluebird nest through the stages of courtship, incubation and birth.
- How to attract bluebirds to your yard - Learn the keys to successfully attracting bluebirds to your yard, such as nest box placement, how to avoid pests and other ways to cultivate a welcoming environment for bluebirds.
- An introduction to bluebirds - The bluebird is popular among bird lovers because of its gorgeous plumage and melodious song.
- Bluebird nest boxes - One of the reasons the bluebird population has increased over the last decade is the commitment of many bird conservationists to build bluebird nest boxes.
- How to protect bluebirds from house sparrows - House sparrows not only occupy empty bluebird nesting boxes, but they also storm occupied boxes, killing adult bluebirds and nestlings.
- Attracting Bluebirds to Your Bluebird House - one of the most utilized nesting locations for bluebirds is the man-made bluebird boxes that mimic the natural cavities found in dead and decaying trees.
- Attracting Bluebirds to Your Bluebird Feeder - tips and tricks that you can use to attract bluebirds to your blue bird feeder
- Video - Bird Man Mel's Attracting Bluebirds - great video with instructions on how to attract bluebirds to your yard