Finch Feeder Selection
A finch feeder, also known as a tube bird feeder, is designed to attract a flock of finches to your yard. Finches are small birds that exist in a variety of different colors. They feed primarily on thistle seed and are known for their beautiful chirping sounds.
A finch feeder is a long, thin, tube-shaped bird feeder. Available in a number of different styles and designs, some finch feeders have room for up to 18 birds on their perches and pegs. Finch feeders are available in a number of tasteful colors, from bright lemon-yellow to clear. Order a finch feeder today with our fast and easy shipping, and you'll soon be enjoying the melody of finches frolicking in your backyard.
It's a great feeder! Huge volume and easy to clean and maintain. I have a big dove population which emptied all my non caged types. This one relegates them to feeding from the spillover underneath. My only negative is I wish the openings were a bit larger to fit cardinals, but all in all I couldn't be happier.
This feeder attracted a dozen goldfinches to my yard after years of trying! I'm very happy how many birds other than the goldfinch have visited; cardinals, house finch, chickadees, & woodpeckers. Squirrels have tried and tried to manipulate the top off to no avail. Left a few teeth marks on the painted lid, but they cannot get in! Love it.
I have purchased 3 of these and they are great, except, the thinn wire used always breaks and this one had several extra holes in it.
I absolutely LOVE my "Gardman Premium 4 Station Wild Bird Feeding Kit"! I can't believe how many birds come to my yard! Loving this!
Excellent feeder! The goldfinches love it!
- A Definitive Guide to Wild Bird Food - Wild birds eat an array of foods, including everything from seeds and fruit to mealworms and beef fat. This guide covers all the foods you can give backyard birds and the species each will attract.
- Winter Bird Feeding Guide - With frigid temperatures and harsh storms, it's extremely important to provide birds with a friendly environment in your yard throughout winter.
- Tips To Protect Your Bird Feeder From Bears - With their persistent strength and keen smell, bears are a major menace to bird feeders. Here are some helpful tips for keeping bears away from your feeder.
- How To Clean Your Bird Feeder - Cleaning your bird feeder each month is vital to keeping wild birds safe from infection by salmonella and other bacteria. If you have a backyard bird feeder, here are some tips for cleaning it thoroughly.
- Five Inexpensive Ways To Squirrel Proof Your Bird Feeder - Squirrels can be a frustrating menace to any bird enthusiast by stealing food. Here are a few tips to squirrel-proof your birdfeeder.
- Main Types of Bird Feeders - brief description of the main types of bird feeders
- Attracting Finches - tips and tricks that you can use to attract finches to your finch bird feeder
- Video - Bird Man Mel's Attracting Goldfinches - great video with instructions on how to attract goldfinches to your back yard