Classic Brands Hummingbird Feeder Collection
I have 2 of these and yes they are great for filling nectar, but during the warmer temperatures when the bees/wasps/ants are out in full force , it 's not great. Even with having the bee guards it doesn't keep them away. Also when the feeders are busy with bees it keeps the hummers away. So I use the bottle type here, for winter use only and the flat dish style for the summer months.
Great product! Easy to clean and hang. The hummingbirds like the perch and the color. Will be ordering more for the spring.
I own 5 of these feeders (2 were purchased about 5 yrs. ago. I added another 3 about 1 1/2 yrs. ago.) They work as well, now, as the day they were purchased. The hummingbirds love this feeder. I ordered two more, a month ago, as a Christmas gift for a dear friend. She said she'd start feeding the hummers when she could find feeders like mine. They absolutely do not leak, hold 3/4 cup of hummer syrup (homemade). We live in Oregon and I feed year-round. The Schrodt Ruby feeder is the only feeder I will use.
Gets air locked and I must manually tilt it a bit to let air escape or bottom empties and yet top has plenty. Weird. Otherwise I love the look and amount it holds.
Seems well made. Next time I will purchase a more vertical feeder so that it is less easy to tip out some of the liquid while hanging it up.
It's a great Humming bird feeder,easy to maintain,just the right size for us.
Love the ease of cleaning and filling this humming bird feeder. Also I was impressed with your customer service. Wonderful people to deal with. Thank you for a happy experience!!!
- A Definitive Guide to Wild Bird Food - Wild birds eat an array of foods, including everything from seeds and fruit to mealworms and beef fat. This guide covers all the foods you can give backyard birds and the species each will attract.
- How to Keep Insects Away from Hummingbird Feeders - Want to enjoy hummingbirds without being swarmed by bugs? Here are some ways to keep insects away from your hummingbird feeders.
- Tips To Protect Your Bird Feeder From Bears - With their persistent strength and keen smell, bears are a major menace to bird feeders. Here are some helpful tips for keeping bears away from your feeder.
- How To Clean Your Bird Feeder - Cleaning your bird feeder each month is vital to keeping wild birds safe from infection by salmonella and other bacteria. If you have a backyard bird feeder, here are some tips for cleaning it thoroughly.
- Hummingbird Species Overview - the hummingbird's rapid pace, along with its vibrant plumage, make it a favorite among bird watchers.
- Hummingbirds: Mating and Nesting - Like all species of the animal kingdom, hummingbirds do procreate and their mating rituals can be breathtaking to witness
- 5 ways to make your yard hummingbird-friendly - Attracting hummingbirds can be a tricky process if you don't do your homework. Here are 5 tips to make your yard attractive to hummingbirds.
- Hummingbird Species of North America - description and pictures of 5 popular hummingbird species found in North America
- What do hummingbirds look like? - The hummingbird has a number of qualities that make it distinctive from other birds
- Attracting Hummingbirds - tips and tricks that you can use to attract hummingbirds to your bird feeder
- Backyard Buzz: How to Attract Hummingbirds - You don't have to be an avid birder to be thrilled by the sight of a hummingbird
- Video - Bird Man Mel's Attracting Hummingbirds - great video with instructions on how to attract Hummingbirds