Platform Feeder Selection
A platform feeder is a great fit for those just beginning the hobby of bird feeding, as it is hassle-free to set up and simple to fill. Unlike a hopper feeder, which is hung from branches or awnings, a platform bird feeder either rests on a pedestal or is mounted on a bird feeder pole. It is also ideal because of its ability to serve both ground-feeding and perching birds.
Platform bird feeders are available in a number of stylish designs, including popular fly-through models, which feature an open-air wood frame that is particularly attractive to shy birds. Each and every platform feeder at the Backyard Chirper is sold at an affordable price, allowing you to experience the pleasure of bird feeding without breaking the bank.
Love this fly through feeder! The birds love it also!
Well made, attractive and functional. Birds love it!!
Nice size, sturdy
I am very pleased with the feeder the birds seem to like it as well the cardinals us it daily
I mounted it on a pole so I could feed birds about seven feet off the ground. Works Great.
I absolutely LOVE my "Gardman Premium 4 Station Wild Bird Feeding Kit"! I can't believe how many birds come to my yard! Loving this!
Feeder is larger and much more sturdy than my old one, which squirrels broke when they thought they were birds
- A Definitive Guide to Wild Bird Food - Wild birds eat an array of foods, including everything from seeds and fruit to mealworms and beef fat. This guide covers all the foods you can give backyard birds and the species each will attract.
- Winter Bird Feeding Guide - With frigid temperatures and harsh storms, it's extremely important to provide birds with a friendly environment in your yard throughout winter.
- How to Attract Birds With Mealworms - Using mealworms will attract different types of birds to your yard other than those who eat bird seed. Since mealworms require more work, here are some tips and suggestions for attracting birds with mealworms.
- Tips To Protect Your Bird Feeder From Bears - With their persistent strength and keen smell, bears are a major menace to bird feeders. Here are some helpful tips for keeping bears away from your feeder.
- How to Attract Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks - For residents in the eastern half of the United States, the Rose-Breasted Grosbeak is one of the most attractive and desired backyard birds. If you'd like to lure this bird to your yard, here's some advice to keep in mind.
- How To Clean Your Bird Feeder - Cleaning your bird feeder each month is vital to keeping wild birds safe from infection by salmonella and other bacteria. If you have a backyard bird feeder, here are some tips for cleaning it thoroughly.
- Five Inexpensive Ways To Squirrel Proof Your Bird Feeder - Squirrels can be a frustrating menace to any bird enthusiast by stealing food. Here are a few tips to squirrel-proof your birdfeeder.
- Main Types of Bird Feeders - brief description of the main types of bird feeders