Nature's Way Platform Feeder Selection
Excellent quality. I had seen an Oriole and within a couple of hours the bird was on the feeder eating grape jelly!
I have developed a strong preference for "fly through" bird feeders. I have been using them for several years because they protect the seed from rainy weather. A side benefit is that our relatively frequent bear visitors find it easier to steal bird seed from these feeders without destroying the feeders. Another plus is the metal mesh bottom that makes cleaning easier. I could not find "fly through" feeders in my city and even in a "birding" store 70 miles away. Luckily, I found these feeders on line after a bit of searching. They were exactly what I wanted, the price was reasonable, and the shipping was prompt. I purchased 4 to replace 2 damaged feeders and to have 2 in reserve.
The birds love it and I love watching the birds
These are perfect covers for my hanging platform feeders. They keep the seed dry while allowing easy access to fill them and allow me to see the birds while they are eating.
The cover for the window platform has worked perfectly even during our historic Colorado bomb cyclone event a few weeks ago! The winds were horrific and the blizzard intense, but the cover held up well.
- A Definitive Guide to Wild Bird Food - Wild birds eat an array of foods, including everything from seeds and fruit to mealworms and beef fat. This guide covers all the foods you can give backyard birds and the species each will attract.
- Winter Bird Feeding Guide - With frigid temperatures and harsh storms, it's extremely important to provide birds with a friendly environment in your yard throughout winter.
- How to Attract Birds With Mealworms - Using mealworms will attract different types of birds to your yard other than those who eat bird seed. Since mealworms require more work, here are some tips and suggestions for attracting birds with mealworms.
- Tips To Protect Your Bird Feeder From Bears - With their persistent strength and keen smell, bears are a major menace to bird feeders. Here are some helpful tips for keeping bears away from your feeder.
- How to Attract Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks - For residents in the eastern half of the United States, the Rose-Breasted Grosbeak is one of the most attractive and desired backyard birds. If you'd like to lure this bird to your yard, here's some advice to keep in mind.
- How To Clean Your Bird Feeder - Cleaning your bird feeder each month is vital to keeping wild birds safe from infection by salmonella and other bacteria. If you have a backyard bird feeder, here are some tips for cleaning it thoroughly.
- Five Inexpensive Ways To Squirrel Proof Your Bird Feeder - Squirrels can be a frustrating menace to any bird enthusiast by stealing food. Here are a few tips to squirrel-proof your birdfeeder.
- Main Types of Bird Feeders - brief description of the main types of bird feeders