Purple Martin House Collection
Over 1 million Americans are caretakers of a purple martin house. The largest member of the swallow family, these majestic birds are known for their dark purple hues and pleasant singing, and are happy tenants in many backyards.
A purple martin house can come in many sizes and varieties, but they tend to be large and stylish abodes. East of the Rocky Mountains, purple martins depend on bird houses for survival, which is why erecting a purple martin house is one of the most effective ways to attract nesting birds. Each purple martin house we sell is priced affordably and covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee. Have questions about a purple martin house? Just give our knowledgeable customer service staff a ring and they'll be happy to help!
Quick and easy online ordering of the Add-A-Floor product. Item arrived in a timely manner (even with the current global pandemic) and was packed very well to protect the materials from any damages during shipping. Assembly of the item was simple with the included directions. Preparing to modify my existing two floor PM house in the month once the tenants move out to head south.
It is a beautiful design and the Martins came but the fasteners that hold it together are awful they do not stay in I had to duct tape mine to keep roof in. A little disappointed
Very easy to assemble and hopefully will attract some martins this season
I am replacing 4 that have lasted me 10 years. It is a very good product and my birds love them.
Fairly easy to put together. The center flange made of plastic will not accomadate a 1" pipe when stacking multiple sections. Had to ream the ID of the flange to install the sections. They also should be made of metal for better support of the sections. This is a poor design using plastic flanges.
Perfect fit for my Choates house. No more starlings getting in! Never will I do round holes again
A great fit for my original aluminum martin house. It kept those pesky starlings out and shipping was fast too!
Works good so far.
- Birdhouse Cleaning Guide - In this guide, you'll find everything you need to know about cleaning a birdhouse or nesting box.
- How to Maintain Purple Martin Houses - Being a Purple Martin landlord is fun and rewarding, but it does require work. Check out our tips on maintaining and cleaning Purple Martin houses.
- The Myth of Purple Martins and Mosquitoes - One of the most popular myths about Purple Martins is that they consume approximately 2,000 mosquitoes a day.
- Purple Martins: Nesting and Mating - Learn more about Purple Martins and their processes of mating and nesting, including how they select a nest, how they feed their young and more.
- Losing a Purple Martin Colony - Read about the main reasons why Purple Martins don't return to their former nesting grounds.
- Maintaining a Purple Martin House - Purple Martin houses make a great addition to any backyard. Learn the specifics about how to maintain a lively Purple Martin house.
- Feeding Purple Martins - Learn to effectively feed Purple Martins, in additon to the foods Purple Martins like best.
- Introduction to Purple Martins - Purple Martins are coveted by bird lovers because of their vivid plumage and sonorous chirping.
- Video - Bird Man Mel's Attracting Purple Martins - great video with instructions on how to attract Purple Martins
- Attracting Martins to Your Purple Martin House - Over one million North Americans put up purple martin houses. Unfortunately, many of these folks are unable to attract breeding martins.