Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder Collection
Ah, the squirrel. It may appear cute and bushy to many, but for bird watchers it can be a pest and a nemesis. A squirrel proof feeder can prevent your bird feeder from turning into a feasting ground for squirrels. You can purchase a squirrel proof feeder in a variety of designs, from cage bird feeders to platform feeders. A cage bird feeder has entrances too small for squirrels to gain access; a platform feeder usually has weight sensors that block anything heavier than a bird from snacking on the food.
For those looking for a slightly different approach to eradicating their squirrel problem, a squirrel proof bird feeder like the Twirl-A-Squirrel might make sense. This motorized device gently spins squirrels off the bird feeder and onto the ground below, ensuring that they'll think twice about stealing your bird food again!
This feeder attracted a dozen goldfinches to my yard after years of trying! I'm very happy how many birds other than the goldfinch have visited; cardinals, house finch, chickadees, & woodpeckers. Squirrels have tried and tried to manipulate the top off to no avail. Left a few teeth marks on the painted lid, but they cannot get in! Love it.
Although I have only had this bird feeder since December, it appears to be of the highest quality. We have 2 squirrels that have been determined to get into the feeder. It is fun watching them try. The score so far: bird feeder - 17 wins; the squirrels - 0 wins.
I bought 2 of these to hang on my shepherds hook, not realizing how big they were. They hold 10LB of seed each, but they work great. The squirrels cannot get to them, and only the small Cardinal size birds can get to the food. Assembly was easy after I figured out how to remove the vinyl film from the baffles. This will save a lot of bird seed because the squirrel and large birds, like Grackles and Woodpeckers were eating it all up within a week. I put 10lb of seed in each of these and hung them up. Now after about three weeks they are still about two thirds full. Best bird feeders I have found.
Well made and easy to fill and as hard as they try the squirrels can get in.
IT ACTUALLY KEEPS SQUIRRELS AWAY. The only problem with feeder is getting it open. You have to grip both release buttons at once. If you have large hands it might not be a problem.
I'm very satisfied this product and very stunning hanging up the tree infront of the lake.
This a very sturdy, well built feeder. I had hoped Cardinals would be able to access it, they can't. The squirrels love it and hang on it. Smaller birds use it , but the directions say to use large seeds which are more appropriate for cardinals.
- A Definitive Guide to Wild Bird Food - Wild birds eat an array of foods, including everything from seeds and fruit to mealworms and beef fat. This guide covers all the foods you can give backyard birds and the species each will attract.
- Types of Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeders - The only thing standing between a squirrel and your bird seed is a squirrel-proof bird feeder. Here are 7 different types of squirrel-proof feeders.
- Tips To Protect Your Bird Feeder From Bears - With their persistent strength and keen smell, bears are a major menace to bird feeders. Here are some helpful tips for keeping bears away from your feeder.
- How To Clean Your Bird Feeder - Cleaning your bird feeder each month is vital to keeping wild birds safe from infection by salmonella and other bacteria. If you have a backyard bird feeder, here are some tips for cleaning it thoroughly.
- Five Inexpensive Ways To Squirrel Proof Your Bird Feeder - Squirrels can be a frustrating menace to any bird enthusiast by stealing food. Here are a few tips to squirrel-proof your birdfeeder.
- Feeding Birds During Winter - inter can be tough on birds that don't migrate south. Find out what you can do to help your feathered friends survive the frosty temperatures.
- Video - Bird Man Mel's Keeping Squirrels Out! - great video with instructions on how to keep pesky squirrels out of your bird feeders