S & K 16-Room Purple Martin Barn House
Accepted Payment Methods:
• Plastic pieces snap together with plastic screws to form this two-story red, grey, and white barn
• This dwelling features slip-resistant floors, convenient landing and take-off rails on each floor, and swing-up doors for easy cleaning
• Each of the sixteen rooms measures a comfortable 6" x 6" x 6" for the nesting martin families, but if you'd like larger compartments and fewer families, you can easily adjust the inner compartments to 6" x 6" x 12" in order to create ten nesting sites
• The entrances to the four uppermost apartments haven't been removed yet, allowing you the option of round or crescent-shaped openings
• Ventilated door panels provide maximum comfort, and the crescent-shaped starling-resistant entrances deter pest birds looking to usurp your rightful martin tenants
• Assembly required
• Made in the USA
• 19.5"L x 18.5"W x 21"
• 6"L x 6"W x 6"H (apartment sizes)
• 3"L x 1.125"H (openings)
Available Accessories sold separately:
Very easy to assemble and hopefully will attract some martins this season
I am replacing 4 that have lasted me 10 years. It is a very good product and my birds love them.
Great birdhouse. Very decorative. I did not mount it on a telescoping mast as it was hopefully going to be a useful decoration for another project. But, the mount for their triangular telescoping post was plain to see and instructions were clear on how to use it.... The house looks beautiful and I will be able to reach it with a ladder... It was easy to put together and a welcome addition to our backyard's decor. Someday maybe it will attract some tenants. Only real downside is that I wanted to double the living spaces for each nest (anc cut room number in half), but I don't think the instructions were as clear on that as they could have been... Otherwise, a great little project that only took an hour or so to build. I added black sharpie to highlight the "shutters" and other window treatments on the nest openings. Very happy with this purchase.
It was easy to put together. I've had a couple of them in the past, the birds love them
Your product is amazing! My husband and I love our new purple martin house! It looks wonderful in our yard, and the martins have already been scouting it out.
Simple to assemble, Should have bought the pole, but not your fault. Looks great, really like it, I am very happy,
I really like this box. We had an older wooden one. The Martins are here and in the box.
Most excellent - it is a sight to behold on its lofty perch, in the back yard.
It is easily assembled and looks nice. The Martins just haven't come yet.
It is pretty, came on time but no martins yet.
We gave it to our daughter in New England. She was astonished and delighted, and it is already home for her friends!
It looks great out in our huge backyard. Now just waiting for the Purple Martin families to show up.
This is a pretty house that goes together easily. We had an existing round pole and just added a wood base underneath with bolts and worked beautifully. Only had to shave off the protruding triangle base. I would recommend this product to a friend.
Much larger than I had anticipated. Appears easy to clean out.
It is a beautiful design and the Martins came but the fasteners that hold it together are awful they do not stay in I had to duct tape mine to keep roof in. A little disappointed
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper