Birds Choice Recycled Squirrel Jar Feeder
Accepted Payment Methods:
Watch the squirrels eat from their very own Squirrel Jar!
• Made of 5/8" Poly-lumber made from recycled plastic and milk jugs
• Includes stainless steel screws and a 1-gallon jar
• Lifetime guarantee to never crack, split or fade
• 7-3/16"L x 12-3/8"W x 11-5/8"H
• 11 lbs
Feed Type: Critter Mix
This is fantastic feeder. We try to attract squirrels away from our many bird feeders and this does the trick. They were very curious and a little timid at first however they quickly learned how to get in. We put in peanuts, sunflower seeds and ears of corn. They seem to like it all. We even have 2 flying squirrels that come at night to feed. Only problem is keeping it filled because they eat so much.
The squirrel jar feeder is just what we were looking for to keep the crows from eating the squirrel food. I keep the feeder on the ground next to the tree where the squirrels play/feed. It is very sturdy and the jar is secure in the mouth piece. Also keeps the peanuts, acorns, etc dry. We love it. Well worth the price!
I really like this squirrel Jar feeder because it keeps the crows away from the squirrel's peanuts. I use unsalted peanuts in the shell and this feeder makes it so only the squirrels can get their food now. The crows now sit on the ground hoping a squirrel will drop a peanut. Don't worry I also toss bread and apples out for the crows!
No mounting hardware . The hole provided on the house are pin hole size and of a very poor design and if nails were used washers would be required. The glass jar is very non friendly and resistant to place into house after filling with seed. That struggle would take it's toll on mounting hardware. Some edges are very sharp. Requires some reviews by makers of this product.
The product is in concept great. The design failure relates to the feeder jar. The glass is high risk. As in my case a raccoon attack resulted and the jar being dislodged and shattering. It would be better made from acrylic/plastic. In addition if the mouth of the jar was able to thread into the feeder fixture, which would lock it in place. Hope these suggestions serve helpful. Thanks.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Birds Choice designs and manufacturers the finest, highest quality professional outdoor products to enhance your yard and bring birds home. All of our products are based on thorough research in backyards of bird experts. The National Wildlife Federation requires 4 things in a yard to have it named as "Certified Wildlife Habitat." They are food, water, cover and places to raise young. Products from Birds Choice can help you fill those needs. Our bird feeders carry 9 different patents that are used to ensure the best bird-friendly and consumer-attractive innovative products available on the market today. We promote healthy birds by making our feeders easy to clean. Birds Choice belongs to the Wild Bird Feeding Industry's Quality Standards Program which establishes criteria for feeder construction, labeling and consumer education.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper