Coveside Sparrow Resistant Bluebird House
Designed to invite the bluebirds in, keep the sparrows out.
This Kentucky style, slot entrance bluebird house is designed to thwart sparrows. According to research at the University of Kentucky, bluebirds prefer a slot entrance to the standard circular hole -- sparrows prefer the opposite.
In addition, sparrows don't like a shallow box and bluebirds don't seem to mind. This box is only 5" deep but if sparrows still continue to be a problem, a wooden insert is included to reduce the depth even more. Sparrows rarely use the 3-1/2" depth, but bluebirds will still occupy it.
Habitat: Enjoys open woodlands, fields, and farmlands with scattered trees.
Range: Breeds east of the Rockies from southeastern Canada to the Gulf of Mexico. Winters in the southern part of breeding range and Mexico.
•10"H x 6"W
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper