Droll Yankees Dorothy's Cardinal Bird Feeder
Just because the weather gets bad doesn't mean your birds have to go hungry. The Droll Yankees Dorothy's cardinal bird feeder is the perfect way to provide birds a safe and dry place to eat year-round.
This 13-inch platform feeder, which holds up to a pound of food, gives you the option to offer different types of bird seeds, depending on the species you want to attract. It can even hold suet and mealworms.
But the main draw of this simple feeder is the adjustable 15-inch dome that's designed to protect the food from the elements of nature and keep away larger birds. Not only is the dome height adjustable but it's made from UV stabilized polycarbonate plastic, which means it will not yellow with age and exposure.
• Versatile clear view platform feeder
• Brass rod: dependably durable, easy to hang
• UV stabilized polycarbonate to prevent yellowing
• Collet technology that adjusts dome position on brass rod
• 15 inch diameter adjustable dome that protects seed from weather
• 13 inch diameter platform holds seed, fruit, suet or mealworms
• Threaded base allows feeder to be pole mounted
• Capacity: 1 quart
• Preferred by bluebirds, cardinals, juncos, and ground feeding birds
• Made in the U.S.A.
• Product Weight: 5 lb
• Product Dimensions: 15 × 15 × 9 in
I so liked the first one of these feeders that I bought that I purchased this second one! The birds love it. I have had all kinds of birds love it and eat from the tray---they feel safe since they can see from all sides and fly through the feeder if necessary. I had cardinal parents with their first brood and then their second brood after they fledged all eating from the feeders at the same time---and then doves, blue jays, chickadees, and titmice eating from the tray surface, with woodpeckers eating peanuts hanging from the edge. The plastic overhang keeps the feed reasonably dry unless there is rain blowing sideways. Can't wait for the migratory birds to find these feeders as the fall migration goes on!
Item was received in timely manner and arrived in excellent condition. It was as presented in description. We are pleased with the product.
The bird feeder we bought is very nice. It is sturdy and easy to fill.
Easy to clean and sanitize!
This beautifully constructed bird feeder is an excellent example of "made in USA" craftsmanship. It came fully assembled and set up was a breeze. It has high quality components which means this feeder is going to last us for years to come. The birds have to wait in line to get into the feeder it is so crowded. We have 2 of them now.
Once the Cardinals became familiar with the feeder, it is well used.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1969, Peter Kilham developed the A-6F tubular bird feeder, leading to a new and exciting approach in bird feeding. As an artist, engineer and inventor, he cared about using quality materials and innovative design to create a feeder that birds loved and people found easy to use. Still a best seller, the functional simplicity of the A-6 preserves its place as the standard in the industry.
At Droll Yankees, we continue to strive to maintain the high standards of design and functionality set by Peter Kilham. We're proud of our feeders and the legacy of being recognized as makers of the world's best bird feeders.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper