Farm Innovators 250 Watt De-Icer
• 250 watt de-icer
• Constructed of cast aluminum for a prolonged life
• Lies directly on the bottom of the bird bath for heat efficiency
• Thermostatically controlled for ultimate efficiency
• Very economical for the price conscious buyer
• One year warranty
• Safe in plastic
The application is to heat an 8 gallon bird bath with small pump. I had to remove the fountain nozzle on the pump to increase flow to prevent freezing. So far, it works just fine. Low temp to date, 19 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is my second one! I use it in my reservoir bird bath of about 8 gallons. I do not remove it and the first one lasted about 3 Â½ years. I have been very satisfied and think if I would remove it during the summer that it would probably last 5 to 7 years.
I liked this so much that I bought a second one to have just as a back up.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Backyard Chirper?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell bird feeders, we eat, sleep and breathe birding. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If your birds aren't delighted with your feeder, then neither are we. At Backyard Chirper, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 7,000 Birding Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of birding gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We’re a company built on bird lovers. When he’s not updating the blog, our director of community is out birdwatching in the mountains of Southern California. Just the slightest glimpse of a bird at one of my feeders fills me with joy. To us, birds are more than a means to sell products; birds are a way to connect with nature. Warren Sager, Owner of Backyard Chirper